Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sunnyside WA

In the morning i was very tired. Not enough sleep (as always). The coffee at the hotel was horrible however when i saw this ... i woke up right away.


This was a new car window design. It helped me not-to-see the road to the children's concert. It was awesome.

It always takes long time for them to get seated. I use that time to observe them and to plan my strategies which usually i have to change during the show anyway. 


Before the night show i was not in the mood to talk to anybody except 


to the sound guy who was very intelligent and creative hombre. 


Before the show we tried to figure out which "one" should go on the stage.
 

The concert went well and after i was invited to the reception. Once my german RIP friend told me that if you want to have a conversation at the dinner table there shouldn't be more than 8 people . So we were 8. 

 
It was great until i was asked to show a photo of my wife. Not Again!!!  ......"you don't ??? ...... no picture of your wife ???" I am not in the damn war!!! I have Skype! Helooooooooooo! Also i hate this artificial and cliche picture bragging. I would rather talk about why do i love my wife but... nobody EVER asked me that. We dropped that subject and went on with patriotic and soviet discussions. For me the highlight of the dinner was when everybody left and i stayed for the "americana" part. 


That was my bluegrass harmonica debut. When i left i felt more american than after the citizenship swearing ceremony. At the end of our evening the host (banjo virtuoso) told me something that really moved me and made me very proud (not for blog, it would be too much bragging and too many people would be jealous). I returned the hotel and went to sleep very late.

2 comments:

  1. Rudolf,
    My students and I attended your morning concert. They really enjoyed your work and sense of humor. They were heartbroken when it ended...so soon?!
    I have something to send you from my students. Should I send it to your booking agent?
    Thanks,
    E. Barrom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rudolph, I finally got that review of your Sunnyside concert onto our website. Plus a few photos. Go to www.UptownSunnyside.com. I am the guy who sat next to you at that dinner for eight. I was asking all the annoying questions. We really enjoyed your piano and harmonica! And all the talk afterwards. Thank you so much for coming to Sunnyside. We look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete