Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rumford ME

That morning i was in a good mood. I said good bye to Central Coast California and was ready for my next adventure. However i didn't know how many things are waiting for me with ... open jaws.


My first visit to Maine took forever. I spent 14 hours in the airports and delayed flights and i didn't even get to my destination. I had to find a hotel at ... 3 am in Portland ME. There wasn't red carpets only a kurdish shuttle driver to take me to the hotel. Very entertaining dude. We became brothers.

Next morning i was on the way to Rumford. I took detour in order to have a glimpse at Portland ME and its dwellers.


I was tired. The only thing i wanted was a pillow for couple of hours. When i got to my B & B i wanted to kiss the grounds but ... the owner of the B & B didn't give me a chance. We got into the fight in 10 seconds. The night before her husband cancelled my 1 of 2 night reservation at their B & B because of the flight dealys. But today she still wanted the money for that cancelled night. Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I wanted to jump in there.


I decided not to stay with them and in general never to stay in B & Bs again. They freak me out. I love people but there is too much contact (ewww!) between stayers or owners. I don't want act like a family at the breakfast and i don't want anyone to count my steps while i walk on the squeaky floor in the room.

Well, i became homeless and the concert was in 6 hours. It was raining. I wasn't sleepy anymore. I just wanted to get any motel on this road.


I did. It was the place where Ted Kazinski would go. Well, Poland is not too far from Lithuania. I got the room (no internet of course). It was the smallest, cleanest and the cutest room with an amazing balcony facing the river.


The concert was a sad event for the concert association that i was playing for. I was their last concert of their existence. The only thing i could do for them was to cheer them up with my ... dark soul.


Actually i forgot about everything and had a blast.

At the end of my long day i got beer at the gas station and drove back to my "no-tell motel" to listen to the crickets.

........crick ......................... crick ........................... crick .....................

(or whatever they say in English)

No comments:

Post a Comment