Saturday, February 20, 2010

Staunton VA

I hate those types who whine about the comfort in hotels and march to the front desks to constitute their rights. Well, this time it was ME and even twice (except i didn't march). I needed a working heater in the room. They placed me in the suite with the balcony. Well, i couldn't care less about the balcony because i needed to be warm and get better before i see Sofia. I froze at night in that suite with #$% balcony. I (almost marched) i went downstairs again and said that i want to downgrade ... to the ... SMALLEST room with the BIGGEST heater!!! Receptionist raised her brows ... ??? ... I guess downgrading is not an american thing to do ; )

Today for the first time i had to cancel my outreach in order to be alive for the evening. I am still a mess. 


The president of the concert association  brought me the lunch to the hotel. It was so sweet of him. He was one of the most interesting persons i met. He was a microbiology professor at the Yale univ. Very humble and non-pretentious scientist. He was not the kind "let's not discuss religion". He made me not say just anything because he was an amazing listener. The conversation with him had always an interesting and intriguing points. I was flattered to have a very distinguished scientist to be my nurse for one afternoon.


By the evening i felt much better (not visually)


The hall had 1200 seats and great resources. We made piano sound big and natural.  


Now! The piano. Definitely the best of all on my tour. An old Steinway. How good it felt! From the first touch it sounded like a gentle and round piano but with a little more attack you could turn it into the wild animal.


I loved my audience. Even if we had some mic malfunction during the most important moment of the show it still was one of my fave shows. Tomorrow i have to cross the whole Virginia and play the concert in the afternoon and then ... home. 

Blue 


No comments:

Post a Comment