Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tupelo MS

Last week all family and i spent at home waiting for Sofia to come into this world. Finally she decided to stay where she is safe and comfy. She is still not ready to face the cold world. Well, she already looks wise or maybe ... stubborn. My time at home has expired and i am back on the road. Guess how i feel! Yes, that's right!  

My girls are getting ready for the birth giving in California and i ... left to play in the South and the South East. Just arrived to Mississippi. 


Next morning i was determined to do my SECOND thing what i like to do in the morning. To play piano. It looks that soviet schools did good job in training how to march. I never new that it will be so handy. 


Oh yes, the FIRST favorite thing in the morning is ... to sleep and be lazy. 

This crowd woke me up and gave me a good rush of adrenaline. 


I went for attack right away.


Some of them were happy that i didn't chose them as the victims of interaction.


At this point my harmonica is wearing out 


and still gives good time for everybody.


but it will not work in the evening show. Before the evening concert i spent 1.5 hours trying to fix the bad note on harmonica with the sound engineers who had every possible tool. No luck. I had another harmonica but i never used it in the shows. It is in a different key and doesn't let me do lots of fun things. Well, it means i will have to do something different with it. It was a forced opportunity for me to learn and to be more flexible. Actually it was even more fun to see how it will come out in front of the audience. I don't tolerate criers who cannot change quickly. 

That night we had a good and elegant crowd.


A time to harass them a little ; )


We put a good sounding band in 7 minutes. A neurologist guy did good job on the djembe drum and three ladies were rocking in their own way. 


The audience was very excited to hear their own town  "percussion orchestra" lead by some soviet guy.
 
Everyone in Tupelo were extremely nice and helpful. I loved Mississippi! Tomorrow i head to Florida. It will take 2 days. My "ride" is so not cool. A green van. Ewwwwww

No comments:

Post a Comment