Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cody WY Day 2

Safari. I nervous about seeing buffalo in the wild. The road was gorgeous. 


Suddenly Howard pointed at something. It was wild rocky mountain sheep.


J walking is common there. 


I tried to join their brunch but i didn't like their menu.


Amazing climbing skills. 


A beauty.


They were wondering if i could climb too. I couldn't because i have smashed thumb. 


Howard was searching for buffalo everywhere. 


He was a little concerned about not finding them because his reputation was at stake. 


Meanwhile i was practicing for the world figure skating championship.


Oops! 


Austria - 2.5 
England - 2.0 
Mountain Sheep - 9.8 
Fish - go back to the piano, loser!

That wasn't a good sign. I guess no buffalo and ... no gold medal for skating either.


Back to Cody. 


Since i had my own ride 


i went to the world famous Cody museum by myself and found fake buffalo there. Not the same, man! 

This particular exposition turned my stomach upside down. Couldn't help it. No ofence to anybody. Its just me. My mind was going 1000 mph about life, beauty, power, ego etc. 


All i could see it was death. 


The next expo was more cheerful


Who is next in the middle?


maybe this one?


I drove to the old western town. Needed some time to chill. 


and to walk.


Unfortunately saloon was closed so i went to the hotel to rest and ...


to get ready for the japanese dinner with Howard and Joane. It was very nice dinner. Lots of sashimi and sake. Then we went to concert to the neighboring town to hear their local pianist who is a piano teacher at their college. I always need more fire. Its my curse. 

The evening was almost done until i had this desire to have a beer. Well that was a great desire because it lead me to the most authentic cowboy bar in Cody. There was a live band


dancing,


hot situations, and ...


steamy moments.


By the way i was dragged by force on the dance floor by a cowgirl and danced one dance. I told her that i don't dance 2 step country stuff. She replied "just stand there and i will do the dancing". Since i used to dance salsa and swing i transfered my skills into 2 step and faked the rest in order no to be a complete stump on the dance floor. Everybody starred at me and i tried to look natural.  Since i made some connections i was safe (even with my pink shirt).


Among my new friends there was a guy and his girlfriend 

who is (later i found out) an owner of the main hotel in town. Everyone in the bar had big respect for them and i was just hanging out with them without knowing that. It was cool to mingle with elite of Cody. By the way i got a free breakfast invitation to the restaurant of their hotel. I'm going! Will be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Rocky Mountain sheep was my nickname when I was a boy scout.

    ReplyDelete