Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sandersville GA

5 am. Next 3 weeks will be on the road. It was hard to leave my beautiful AND pregnant cowgirl. I hope i will make home on time. Sofia should come also in 3 weeks. Its a gamble. Whom will she look like? 


I landed in Augusta's GA airport which was incredibly clean.


Even shiny hardwood floors at the airport in Copenhagen (Denmark) don't look as good as the these shiny granite ones in Augusta GA. How cool is that?


Airport landscaping?


The next surprise was the rental SUV which i got for the price of sedan. Go Georgia!


Its not finished yet. At the hotel i was greeted by the nicest "big mama" with a heavy southern accent. I did a lot of "sweeeeeeet tawking" with my Litho accent and ... got a room with jacuzzi for the price of the regular room. Ha ha ha! Time for classy relaxation with bud light.

Don't be jealous. I deserve it!

Next day was time for explorations. Since i got confused with the high school concert time (i came 4 hours earlier) i had all this time to burn. Guess who is in town.


I went for a walk and somehow my first destination was the jail from 1890's. It just pulled me. Luckily this time not inside ; )


Some of its prisoners were hanged. Not my type of the show. Next to it there was a very formal municipal court.  


After that it was time for cemetery. I love cemeteries. They are the most romantic places because there is a lot of history plus you can let your imagination go wild and create your own stories.


Look at these years. ........ sad ; (


There was a very nice guy who worked there. We talked shop (dead bodies) and split for good.


A wide U turn


I could spend the whole day here. 


OK, i'll tell you a secret that ... hmmmm ... that once i had a date in the cemetery during my teenage years. That was a girl's proposal. Even if it it didn't work i still recommend.

The outside.


On the way to lunch i skipped this beauty salon - for now - because i just got a fresh hair cut from Lily who is the best at that. Most important is to be brave and to chop spontaneously against the rules. Real salons suck! 


The lunch was a challenge. "Which buffet to choose among those two in town?" All both of them looked awesooooome! I went for less fat floating food. Damn California! It destroyed me. Now i can't enjoy my food anymore. I didn't choose all you can eat $7.50. I went for single item menu $2.50. Now i look like cheepo too? Ladies didn't understand how person can eat so little. All of them genuinely were encouraging me to eat more but i was strong ... even though the food tasted heavenly. One of the ladies told me in barely understandable southern accent  "you are sweet like a lady". That was the best compliment i got in my life. 
 

Not only people are beautiful here but also the architecture.
 

Children concert was another world for me. The most friendly and polite high schoolers i ever met. Wow!!! Great principal too!


The concert started as always with scanning and trying to figure me out.


Later i "evened" them out 


and did what i usually do - shred. 


In the evening i came back for the evening show preparations. 


and some cleaning in Chopin

  
The show was very intimate. I felt great and under control because i improved my playing a lot. Today was the best day in the whole tour.  I inhaled every moment what life had to offer for me at the moment. Love life! 

1 comment:

  1. Glad the Blog is back! Sounds like you're back in your element. Keep on blogging. Alex & Pat in SLO

    ReplyDelete