Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Henderson NC

I love Wallmart! Its always friendly on the way in and out and also it closes late. I never make to the "last call"  at the bars because in small American towns bars close when i hit the last chord at the end of my show. Its not fair. Walmart operations are very fair. I guess ... it is all about me. If i am comfortable then i will love it but if i am not ... i ... i ...i  will hate it and will try to make it work anyways. I love myself! I deserve it because i have a freedom of pursuit to happiness.

The road to Henderson had a lot of sharp corners and 


the road was the last thing that i was interested in.


The old downtown Henderson is almost a ghost town. That's what you see when you get knocked out.


and when you stand up ...


The only area full of people was around the Walmart few miles away. It had minimum 4 or 5 plazas with Denny's and other glorious food chains. I wasn't hungry in Henderson anyway.

The children concert was a great success even though i was placed in the corner of the gym with the fern. 


Of course i was amplified.  When i saw them to bring K and high school ages i freeked out. 


My job is not to freek out but to ... educate, educate ... educate? entertain? So i didn't have a choice. I love challenges and got to work.


Student were very responsive and i was ... dead but... very content.


Needed some time to recover and get ready for the evening show.


Time to go.


The venue was a little run down 


and the piano had Coke in it.


The only hope was on number 6. My fave number. 


The concert was one of the top 3 on this tour.  3+3=6. The audience made things fun. They were outstanding. Probably they were the parents of these fun children from the morning ; ) At the end there was CD buying madness. I ran out of CDs. Wow! Henderson concert was one of my favorite ones. Picture time! The gentleman with the white hat couldn't believe that he is taking picture with the real cowboy. 
 

What's tomorrow?


No comments:

Post a Comment