Monday, October 19, 2009

leaving Chicago

I was shocked to see Lily in Chicago after 1.5 months. Wow! Her belly grew up so much! The "big kicking bun" does great job. It was demanding so Lily could eat that Chicago pizza without any guilt. Its nice for me to have a partner.
 
 We stayed at her sister's place. They are so cute and ... inseparable.

Guess what they talked about alllll the time? Definitely not football. It was time for me to go to on the road and play a children's concert on the way. The breakfast that both sisters made was making me late. I got really spoiled while staying there. At the outreach concert children woke me up. They were very active and curious. One of the best outreach concerts!


After very dynamic morning we got on the road. On the half way we stopped to meet my virtual facebook friend Linas at Milda's Corner Market in Michigan. He treated us with an amazing home made lithuanian food: 

bacon bun
- mushroom soup
- kugelis

- pumpkin pecan coffee cake 
- coffee
I couldn't wait to start my feast!

After the lunch we obviously were not in a hurry to get on the road.

Linas had many interesting stories from his concert promotion career. He also was really good at the air guitar moves while talking about his musician friends. But we documented only this which was not bad either.

During this visit i discovered that the area was a gorgeous summer resort on the coast of lake Michigan. Keeth was fascinated by lithuanian architecture. 

and i liked this.

This is the street along the lake with all these houses.

On the beach of this giant lake Keeth fell into a deep self reflections.


So did I but ... it looks that i am trying too hard to be like Tim McGraw. 

Our Michigan adventure started very positive. I love Michigan!

1 comment: