Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chicago

Next 2 days were concentrated on appearance on WGN TV station in Chicago. Flight to Chicago was short and pleasant. I stayed at Andrea's and Todd's house in Naperville. They are my sis and bro in laws. We had the best time writing the script for the TV appearance. Next day we made to the studios right on time because of the traffic. Andrea is very dependable. I had a really good time at the WGN. The producer Tom was a cool guy. He is 29 and runs the live performances.  Before my spot there was a finalist of the American Idol, Jason Castro promoting his concert and CD. We had a little chat. He was sweet. 


After my first "bump" there was a little buzz in the studios about the "crazy pianist". The people started to come in and watch the rest of my live broadcasting. It was great because with audience it always feels better. I was blown away by the professionalism of the cameraman, producer and photographer. How refreshing it was to work with the people who work fast, perfect, who are creative and flexible.  I guess it is a big city. I want to live there, Big City! At the end of our session newscasters came to talk to me. That was very flattering ; )

The lunch was in the downtown Chicago with my dear sis in law Andrea. 

I have the best family! Can't wait to see them in few days again when i will play the Arlington Heights concert. After lunch i headed back to my reality: the tour. I had to fly to Kansas City MO and catch up with Keeth who was already waiting for me at the airport. The 3 hour drive to Parsons KS during the night was killer. We listened to some trippy reggae music. That made us forget the exhaustion. We got there. Our butts were square.

No comments:

Post a Comment