Thursday, October 1, 2009

Burley ID

Burley ID is just a small town with not much expectations from outside. Lots of hay stacks and corn fields. Oh yes, its also huge for potatoes! It seemed that Marriott was the best thing for us to happen in Burley. We were wrong. This morning i had a master class at the private house for 40 people. It was fantastic! We had a glimpse into the small town's elite. The house was on the Snake river with great views. It had a mini concert hall! I had a master class there. The family was very elegant which you could see already from the interior decorations. During the master class we all had a good time. Some students played,



Then i played.



We talked, discussed


and did a shy dance in chorus (conga) line.


That was one of the warmest experiences on the tour. Downtown Burley was ready for Rudolf.


Even tire store had running marquees with my name on it. It was funny to see. But were the people ready? Town has only 10000 people and the venue holds 1200. What to expect? At the rehearsal was another surprise. The new concert Steinway D that blew me away. That was the best piano on this tour FOR SURE. I know that i always say that but the quality keeps climbing higher and higher. How high can it go? I didn't want to end my rehearsal because i was in love with the instrument.


I was sad to hear that the door is opening and my private time with Steinway D is over. As usual the ritual of putting my tuxedo on pumped me up for the show. There was around 900 people waiting for me.


Afterwards:
- the routine of the signing CDs
- chatting
- looking directly into the audiences eyes
- pictures (here is the half of the family at whose house we had master class at).

- pack up
- Bloody Mary (1). Not as good as in Elko

2 comments:

  1. That must have been a memorable experience for you R. Small towns are categorically different, as we know. Warmth and hospitality are paramount.
    Che

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certainly enjoying your blog. I catch up with you every few days and am telling all of my friends and family (even strangers!) to read it. THANKS! (We will talk to you soon?)

    ReplyDelete