Monday, October 5, 2009

gnarly trip to MT

Everything started with the snow flakes in the morning. That was Keeth's surprise to me. I needed to wake up because i had student concert at 10 am. It worked. I was on my feet and trying to energize junior hi schoolers.

It was very hard today. Soon they were mine ; )



I was happy when it was over and was ready to move on to the next state. I had to pack quick because ... guess who was in charge

The trip started with the mysterious road that K just loved. 


We met this cow on the highway

Who was acting weird.

She had very dark thoughts. That wasn't a good sign. 

Soon our road turned into this. Keeth didn't like that because he was driving. 


There was ice on the road, no cellphone connection and no signs of life around. 


Our 6 hours long trip was getting longer.


All of the sudden appeared these cowboys. It was the most amazing view. I didn't believe that real cowboys still exist. Wow!



For a while it seemed that we were saved (by the road conditions) but it was only an illusion. Keeth kept repeating how much he hates me and wants to take an executive decision and to cancel the concert in Glendive MT. I secretly was loving everything. I am an adrenaline junky. There was no way back. While we were almost sliding down the mountain, i was measuring how high would be the fall and who would die first. That cow knew everything. 

It was not enough for poor K to deal with ice also the fog started to roll in ( all my "friends" came at once). ha ha ha. 

Keeth was an amazing driver. Very safe even in uncontrollable situations. I learned more about him and his vocabulary. When we reached the stable land we were so hungry and the "Purple Cow" restaurant (cow again?) had a lot for us to offer (look at K's pancakes and sausages). Breakfast @ 4 pm. True rock'n'roll!

K generously thanked hostess. He's been away from his home for too long ; ) 

 
Finally we reached Glendive MT and battled more wars but different type.

No comments:

Post a Comment