Tuesday, November 17, 2009

last nite in Arkansas

I think that South Arkansas is more about ... ahhhhhhh ... the nature and the people ... living in it rather than comfort. So we had to open our minds and to embrace it. 

Today i went for a jog in the forest by the lake and guess what? I saw a real turtle! Since i was jogging i didn't have my camera (use your imagination). I never ever met a turtle in the nature. He was so cute. His actions were very delayed therefore i had to spend quite a long time to get to know him and see him to come out of his closet. Well, when came out he was gorgeous. He had orange dots around his neck and very long toe nails. I called him Ruprecht. Unfortunately i had to go back and get ready for the show. I said goodbye to Ruprecht. It was very sad because i knew that will never see him again. I still think about him. I wonder if i made a good impression on him? 

We almost didn't see any person in the town. So we didn't expect huge crowds at the concert. Time for sound check. Ewwwwwwww ... brown piano /open mind/open mind/open mind/ 


The acoustics were great for this brown and untuned piano. The sound guy was fun. He invited me for a cigarette outside. Sorry, i don't smoke! So I stayed and tried to get friendly with piano. But i like the smell of the cigarets though. 


Its show time! First, you must love those colors! Second, the crowd didn't take front seats. Of course, how would they know that i take regular showers? 


There were only 3 teenage girls (besides the sound man) in the front seats. Obviously they were there for fun and adventure. They were very good audience and after the concert they were following me seeking for attention. 


They got it. I signed my CDs and went back to the hotel. I wonder how is  Ruprecht? Does he have enough to eat? Is his shell warm enough?

2 comments:

  1. You and the brown piano complimented each other well. I liked the contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the contrast of you and the brown piano. I loved the story about the tortoise!
    Your blogs make me feel as thou I am with you and enjoying every moment. Hope to see you when you are home. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete