Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Munster IN

It was very hard to leave Chicago. I fell in love with this city. I already chose a loft in downtown ... How can you leave this without the heartache?


That morning on the way to my breakfast at the french cafe i visited a Roosevelt university professor and took a look at the performing arts department. It was the most unbelievable school. 

 




Its location is breathtaking. Here is the view from my hotel room. The part of the wall is the university.   


Across the street is the Art Institute and next door is the Symphony hall. New York is also great but not affordable. Chicago is perfect ... for me!!! I don't care about the weather at all. Now need to set my mind 
1 (one) ... 2 (two) ///  3 (three) ^^^

Today's concert was in Indiana. 30 min from Chicago. We checked into the 2nd grossest hotel on this tour. Ewwwwww ... After all we had? The only consolation was the venue of 1000 seats and totally full. The audience rocked. Had so much fun. 

Before the show i was practicing and behind me on the stage floor was sitting a teenage girl. She was one of the stage assistants. She watched me practice about 45 min. I noticed her when she told me "feels like it wants to be ... not sad". I got goose bumps.  That was the description for Beethoven's Sonata Nr. 17 3rd mvmt. She was right. I never ever thought of it. From now on i will always keep that image. Thanx Adrian.

During the intermission i gave an interview to a student of the journalism who came to the concert with her professor. She had very interesting questions and was the nicest person. 


The weirdest thing was that she was listening to my answers and writing without looking at her paper. We chatted a little, laughed,  i gave them some fruits in my green room and i went back for the second half. At the end i was out of energy. Sooooooooo tired. 

1 comment:

  1. You really gave a great show. The backgrounds you shared about the composers and their eras made the history fun. Nice to meet you, Rachel and Mom

    ReplyDelete