Saturday, November 14, 2009

road to Greenville TX

packing ... and on the way to Greenville next to Dallas.


Its hard to find a cheap gas but we were lucky.


Oh yeah!


It was lunch time and we were far from civilization in the middle of nowhere. We saw this place and really liked it but we didn't know what to think about ... these trucks. 


Hmmmmmm ... Texas ... Big trucks ... big guys. Well, we decided to go inside anyway. I let Keeth go first. 


When we entered everybody (5 or 7 people) froze and looked at us. I know i know. It was my cowboy hat in combination with light Puma tennis shoes and the T shirt with scull. Keeth also didn't look local: long hair, earrings and Californian attitude. However the waitress was very friendly. She was true Texan girl. Usually we are "costumers from hell" because our selections of the  drinks are already complicated. Our waitress was cool with that ; ) The menu had lots of grills with hickory, mesquite BBQs and etc. I knew that it was the place to try something local. I ordered grilled chicken breast. It was THE BEST CHICKEN I ATE IN MY LIFE! It was juicy and aromatic. I smelled like fire and smoke. Wow! Later i started to chat with our waitress Kate who was very lively and fun. She played even air guitar for us

   
It sounded really good! ha ha ha. After the concert she introduced me with her mom who runs the place. The mom was fascinated by that "russian" with the hat. She called her husband to tell the news about me and to get the name of the russian astronaut who visited their restaurant a while ago. I didn't recognize astronaut's name ; ( Then Kate took me to show the bar where was a lot of historic things: like different guns of famous people including Gene Autrie. The center piece of the bar was very special Harley which was collectors item and never been ridden.  
 

At the end we said our good byes and took more pics with both waitresses.


This restaurant was perfect. It had good food and fun people.  

The rest of the trip i was on the phone, looked through the window. My thoughts went like this ...


and like that ...


and like this ...


until we reached Dallas. 


Big cities always excite me!!! Can't wait to come back here in few days to play. Now to Greenville and Arkansas. 

I love my tour!!!


1 comment:

  1. big trucks most often mean "good food"; so glad that you are enjoying your tour; looks to me as if you have lots of long distances to travel; are you planning to drive all of it?

    ReplyDelete