Sunday, November 22, 2009

Irving TX

Luckily the concert for children was in the afternoon otherwise we wouldn't have made there. When we got there we were asked show our IDs. Well, i didn't have one. Two Texan receptionists made clear that i can't enter the school then. They meant serious business. I was afraid even to make sudden moves. So i stood there and observed negotiations which lead to nowhere. Suddenly the principal of the school appeared in the horizon. He was our hope although he wasn't the type that you "shmooze" with. I felt helpless. The only time i feel like that is when i deal with police (don't worry no incarcerations ... yet). Well i don't know how but i was let in ... to perform for the children. The school was very nice: shiny, clean and bright. When the students started to poor in and i knew that it will be a fun concert. They were very diverse and had a good energy. I like to work with middle school age. For the first few minutes they scanned me carefully. 


but soon they were mine.


Even the principal (in the grey jacket) came. I liked this man a lot. He does his job very well and keeps his school in a good shape. I wonder if he likes Jim Carrey movies.


I was excited about the evening show at this really nice theater. They have different kinds of cowboy shows there. This is a Dallas area!


At the loading dock there were 5 or 6 tough dressed in black Texan guys. They were waiting for me to arrive. They didn't crack a smile nor gave me a fanfare. I told to Keeth "oh, ohhhhhhhh". 


It is very important for me before the concert to be in a good spirit. When we started to work on sound and lights i realized how exterior can be deceptive. Its all in our brain. The stage crew was not only  fun and extremely professional but also very artistic. 


They were my best crew ever. Still some time left for couple of asanas. 


There was a lot of people 


but not everyone made inside. Somebody forgot their ID (i can relate to this).
 

I really enjoyed the show. The audience was elegant and very responsive. That always gives me lots of extra energy. I needed it now because my intense 2.5 month travels and performances wore me out. 

Oh, i almost forgot the soup! I never eat before the show but this time ... i couldn't resist the soup that was served in the green room. It was heavenly! It was worth to break the rules! It gave me some extra more energy. This concert was one of the best in all respects. I finished my day at the country style restaurant with my friend and her mother. They came to the concert from Fort Worth. We didn't see each other for 9 years.     


I barely could keep up  with her mother who was emptying  those Shiner Bocks one after another. She was ... 86 years old.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Name is Jan Lovell, a member of the Board of Directors of The Entertainment Series of Irving.

    I am sorry you had so much trouble getting into the school, but Richard Knol, the Band Director at de Savalla School and also a member of the ESI Board said it really went well. That the kids Loved you and had a wonderful time.

    I wanted to tell you how refreshing it is to have someone with such talent as your, with the ability to make the Consert so interesting for all who were there, reguardless of their preference in Music.

    I hope we are able to get you back in a couple or three years. Thanks for a wonderful Show.
    Sincerely,
    Jan Lovell

    ReplyDelete